Friends. I know I've been MIA for quite a while, but in truth, I have been a busy bitch this past month. Work, school (part of which required me to dress up like a mother fucking Bratz doll, no joke), travelling out of the country, etc. So I have been planning this massive, fabulous, month in review type post to get myself back on track with this bloggy blog. And then. And THEN. Something happened that pushed that ambitious post to the back burner because your girl is HOT and not in a good way.
I get to work this morning and do my usual routine.... check our website. Check my email and messages. And then look at Facebook. And what delight was waiting for me on the FB news feed? This piece of enlightenment: If God Had Tryouts
My mother-in-law "shared" this facinating piece of judgy Jesus knowledge on Facebook this morning. And let me tell you friends, she definitely is NOT sending this out to her daughter who DOES go to church every Sunday. (In fact, we ALL have to go this Sunday for Mother's Day. Just what I wanted, BTW. Fuck a facial or pedi-I want to wrestle with my child for 90 minutes in a crazy Baptist church for Mother's Day. WINNING!)
Anyway-I clicked on this article and by the end of it I am boiling. Listen, I know my MIL is well-intentioned and is genuinely a good-hearted, kind person. But knowing she thought this was important enough to share like that lets me know what she really thinks of my mothering style. And THAT makes me feel like this:
And then I thought maybe I would post something equally as offensive to her on my FB page. Like "Top 10 Reasons why My Mother in Law Makes Me Feel Like Drinking and Punching Puppies" or "Best Butt Sex Positions to try-Straight from A Gay!" Cause then I could be all:
But then I realized that could potentially make this upcoming Mother's Day a wee bit awkward. So I calmed down a smidge to be like:
Because at the end of the day, I KNOW I am a good mother. I might be bad in lots of other, less important ways, but I am a good mother. And just because I am not strutting to church every Sunday to wrestle mini and shut her up with goldfish and crayons to sit through an hour long service SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND, doesn't make me less of a mother, or make her doomed to be a terrible, whorish girl with no moral or spiritual compass (like her mother). That I know for sure-just like MIL knows she'll be punching her ticket to heaven because she posts judgy, passive aggressive, Jesus things like that. So while I almost let it ruin my Tuesday, I have talked myself out of it with the knowledge that I have an amazing little girl who grows more wonderful every day and part of that is because of me.
So now I'm better, remembering that I am what I am, and that's pretty fucking fabulous.
Preach.
SD
PS-I will eventually get around to my massive post because there are so many stories to tell! xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment