Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Too Many Bodily Fluids

So I haven't posted in almost a week. But here's the thing... I am a wee bit sickly. I caught mini SD's mucous/cough/nastiness and it has developed into bronchitis for me. AWESOME. I shouldn't be too surprised though since my Mini loves to wipe all sort of bodily fluids on her mama. (Don't even get me started on listing them all because we are also in the midst of potty training!) Literally she sneezed INTO MY MOUTH yesterday as I was crouched down to zipper her coat. IN MY MOUTH, friends. And all I did was remind her to cover her mouth when she sneezed and wipe her nose with my sleeve. That is motherly love for you. I was telling a friend today, who also has sick kids, that I think there needs to be some sort of Girls Scout badge system for mothers. Obviously I wouldn't wear a hideous green sash and wouldn't have the first idea of how to sew on a goddamn badge. But-what if each new mother could be given a lovely cashmere scarf in their favorite color before leaving the hospital? And then for each motherly accomplishment, you could get a tasteful pin to add to it? Like the "You Survived Your First Crying It Out Episode" or "Toddler Vomits on Mama for The Fourth Time in a Single Night"? Or even "First Postpartum Sex Without Alcohol Required"? THESE are truly things that warrant merit badges in my opinion. (Of course, I was kicked out of Girl Scouts and always lied about the activities I'd done to get my merit badges, so perhaps I'm not the best expert on the subject.)

In any event, after almost three years of motherhood, I feel like there should be some sort of awards show for me and all of my fellow mother sparklers who are working like a mutha to be a good mother with a smile (most of the time) and a sense of humor (usually).

Keep on keepin' on, mamas.

SD

Special shout out to the nice doctor at the Target Clinic today who took pity on my serious lack of sleep and prescribed me cough syrup with codeine so I could get some rest. YES-I do actually have a cough so take the judgey side-eyes elsewhere. But she saw the panicked look when she explained that because bronchitis is viral, I'd just need to wait it out and antibiotics were NOT on the menu. I fail in the art of waiting things out, especially when they interfere with my sleep and my play time. So at least I know I'll be getting some sleep in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! I feel better even though my voice sounds like Demi Moore after a serious bender. (ironic considering her rehab news today!) LOVE your blog. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from "People I Want To Punch in the Throat" and love it!! There's nothing better than reading other mom's going thru the hardships right along side of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your blog and it's also hilarious. Your Non-Resolution" post is hysterical and so true! :)

      Delete