Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Take Me Out

So all of a sudden, I feel like quite the social butterfly. Throughout the winter, I felt a little bit reclusive (as much as I can be), doing lots of stay-at-home with the fam type things. And now I am preparing to embark on my third weekend in a row of actual playdates with grown-ups! I am almost giddy about this fun turn of events. It actually started last night with a visit from my good friend Nikki O'Connor (hey, girl!) and a few bottles of wine. And it doesn't hurt that my weekend actually starts tonight, with a mini happy hour at a fun little wine bar. (One of the benefits of working at a school is Good Friday is a holiday for me) The trouble will come AFTER the happy hour, when I should go home, but nice weather and wine will make me want to stay out and go to one of the truly rando bars that surround the wine bar. I'm hoping Grown-Up me will send my ass home, but she usually takes off after two glasses of wine, so we'll see... (Tipsy Me is one irresponsible hooka!)

Also on the agenda-Bikram Yoga tomorrow (which I feel certain I will love or hate violently) and a freaking pole/chair dance class that I bought a Groupon for quite impulsively. Then I'll be taking my freaky yogi self out with my Mister for an actual grown-up dinner with other adults. No children. No Mini asking me for "sumpin' else" every 10 minutes? What's happening to my life?!

Anyway, I hope you all have something sparkly planned this weekend. Or at least get your fill of Cadbury eggs.

Get Your Freak On,
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment