1-The Hunger Games. Did you see it?!! OMHolyHell it was good! I was very into the books. Devoured all three within on week and was the nerd-girl superfan checking sites daily for casting updates when they started pre-pro on the movie. I was unsure about some peeps they cast (Hey, Peeta, I'm lookin' at you) and delighted with others (Hey, Cinna/Lenny Kravitz/Mr. Loverman.) But overall, I absolutely LOVED the visual interpretation of the book and plan to go see it again in theaters. I know some people were uptight about details from the book being left out or altered, but for me, it worked as best as it could. I'm already stalking my sites for casting updates for the next film. Finnick? Johanna? (BTW-some sites were throwing around Reese Witherspoon and Kristen Bell to play Johanna. BITCHES PLEASE. Please, don't eff this next movie up with big names just for the sake of big names now that this franchise is so huge.) Jennifer Lawrence was completely amazing. And Liam Hemsworth as Gale was delish. Anyway-I saw it with a group of people-some who had read the books and some who hadn't and everyone enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as me and my other super-obsessed friends, but either way-drop whatever you're doing and go see it immediately.
2-Another f-ing book trilogy. Seriously, you guys? Do all new books come in threes, like bad things? So, I've been hearing buzz for a while now about a new book, "50 Shades of Grey". From a LOT of people. And like The Hunger Games, at first I was like "whatevs". And then a lot more people were talking about it and I thought I should at least read the amazon.com description to see what it is about. It was completely vague and didn't explain to me why so many women were buzzing about it. So I read the reader reviews and was shocked! It's basically a romance novel about S & M. And the people who were talking, tweeting, and facebooking about this were NOT people who I would have thought would be interested (at least publicly!) in a book like this. I work at a school and a group of moms actually started a book club FOR THIS BOOK! Seriously. I'm not Lady Prudy McPruderstein at all, so I decided to check it out and haven't been able to put it down. Like, I downloaded it to my iPhone so that when I am away from my iPad, I can still read it. And there are two more books! I'm doomed. But i think it is fascinating that so many women are loving this fairly kinked up love story. I've read that there is currently a heated bidding war going on for the movie rights, which makes me wonder HOW? If you read this book, you will also ask HOW? How will they be able to make this movie (which has A. LOT. OF. SEX.) in it. And not romantic, blurry lens "love-making" sex. It's mostly straight up f-ing. In every chapter. There is a padded sex room with riding crops and whips in it. SEX. And clearly it grabbed my attention, so it's getting added to my list of obsessions. But it's one of those things that I am not inclined to share at the lunch table with my work friends, so I decided to share it with my sparklers. Have you read it yet? If so, do you love it or do you think I am a depraved woman with no moral compass? (don't answer that)
Whip it. Whip it, good.
:)
SD
SD, you make me laugh! Wish I were half as witty. :) Love Smashy
ReplyDelete