Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

End of Summer = Extra Sparkles

How the hell is it August already?  Jesus, it seems like two minutes ago I was getting psyched for summer hours to start at work and suddenly it's August and Back-to-School time and I am freaking out!  (although have you seen the Old Navy back-to-school commercial with Brandon and AHN-Drea from 90210??  LOVE)  Anyway.  So here I am, slightly freaking because my summer hours end next Wednesday AND my first grad school class starts the following Thursday.  WTF!!  Grad school seemed like the best idea ever when I actually got in and when it was months away, just an obscure blip on the horizon.  But now it's ON.  Like my book was delivered today and I am getting a little sweaty (and not in a good way) looking through it.  "Statistical Analysis of Market Behavior"?  Seriously, what the fuck was I thinking?!

Plus, my summer has been so completely jacked up with a massive workload, that I feel like it's not fair to whoosh right into responsible, grown up mode again.  Every day has been like those days you have where you sit down at your desk, do a shit-ton of work, and by the time you look up it's 1:30.  Definitely not the carefree, take two hour lunches once a week, times of summers past!  Being a grown up in the summer is stupid.

Luckily, I have jam-packed the next two weeks with enough sparkly shenanigans to hopefully sustain me through the long, grown-up fall.  First up.....  ATLANTA BITCHES!!!!  Seriously-I am going to see my Atlanta ladies for a long, girls-only weekend and couldn't be more excited.  I haven't been back to Atlanta (home to MANY of my most famous shenanigans, ever) in a really long time.  And the last time was years ago for a civilized (ish) wedding with my Mister.  A girls weekend?  I can't even recall the last time.  I'm almost afraid (not really) of what could happen.  I plan to leave all sense of responsibility and "almost 35-ness" (totally freaking out about turning 35 next month too) at home as soon as I board my Delta flight on Thursday morning.  I'll just leave it in long term parking with my car and put it back on when I get home on Sunday.  That's mature and reasonable, right?  Now my only issue is figuring out how to pack all of my little dresses and big shoes into a bag I can carry on.  (clearly an impossible task, but I am working on it!)

And then, to round out my last weeks of playtime, the Mister and I are heading BACK to the Jersey shore without Mini the following weekend.  We debated taking Mini and making it a wholesome (ish) family time, but decided that one last weekend of debauchery was probably necessary before I buckle down and go back to school.  (Now I have THAT song from Grease 2 in my head!)    So Teeny and Tony are going to host my last "act a fool" party and for that I am extremely grateful!

So for now, I am going to close my eyes and revel in the last few sunny weeks of recess, like a puppy laying in the sun after a bath.  Just close my eyes, wiggle around and pretend that I'm not a grown up and NOT turning 35 in a month.  SO mature, I know.  Whatever.  Go ahead and judge if you want.  Sticks and stones, bitches, sticks and stones....




I wonder if my fancy grad school would kick me out for dancing into my first class with a pink satin jacket on?  It would make the pain of going back to school infinitely more bearable.

Stephanie Zinone, 4 EVA,
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment