Hooray Friday! I can't even put into words how psyched I am to see this weekend begin. And I only had a three day work week thanks to Sandy! But it has been a crazy week with the weather, etc. I'm so grateful that the only hardship I experienced was our DirectTV going down for a few hours.
So I noticed something interesting last week and forgot about it while pouring wine in my gullet during all of the Sandy/Halloween madness.. And that is that there is a stat tracker thingy set up for my wee little blog that I hardly ever look at, ever. But I happened to glance at it last week and saw that someone in Minneapolis, Minnesota is a DEDICATED sparkler. Like seriously-checks it regularly, even though it was a long, dry summer and early fall for posts. Obviously, there is only one person who I know in Minneapolis. PRINCE!! I actually concocted an entire theory about how he has someone on staff who he pays to "google" him everyday, and because I talk about him A LOT, his google person clued him in to my nifty blog and voila!! He was hooked on my wit, love of amazing music, and my smoky eyes*. (*see last years NYE post).
DUH. So now I'm just waiting for the call that he wants me to come out there for a visit so I can be his new muse for his upcoming album of dirty pop songs that will be his comeback smash. (not that he needs one because he's a legend, obvi). But still. I'll take a sabbatical from work, pack up mini (she will LOVE Paisley Park), and channel my inner Appolonia. I'll do it for the fans, because we deserve another album of dirty pop songs. And I'll do it because I think my missed calling is being a muse for Prince. I totally knew all of the dance moves to "Gett Off" and "Cream" back in the day and thought I was the shiz!
So sparklers, I will do my best to add new posts as often as I can until I get that call. Because once I do, I'm pretty sure I'll be too busy doing slinky dances along a floor, surrounded by half naked, oiled people to write much. But I'll take lots of pictures. Promise.
Prince, I am ready for you. I'll work on my high pony, find my raspberry beret, and break out my flyest fly girl gear and be ready when you call. Holla at your girl!
(Please note-I tried for a WHILE to embed the video for Gett Off here, and apparently, it's impossible times a million. But here's a link. If you have any sense of sexy, you'll watch it immediately.
It's Hard for Me to Say What's Right, When All I Wanna Do Is Wrong.
SD
No comments:
Post a Comment