Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Friday, December 7, 2012

Boys Don't Cry (except when they sometimes do)

I made a boy cry this week.  Not full on, sobbing, ugly cry.  It was just a little wet eyes, quivery lip action, but it was definitely a cry.  I wish I didn't feel such pleasure in admitting that, but trust me, when I tell you why and how, you will also share in my happiness.

As you know, I am in grad school.  I'm almost finished my second class, which up until this week, I enjoyed a lot.  The professor is engaging, and the homework, while a pain in my ass, was somewhat satisfying because I really had to think and work hard to do well (which I've done).  The one dark spot in my class happiness is my group project.  Four people, shoved together to work on a paper and presentation.  Under normal circumstances, it's a lot of compromise and back and forth, because really, how can four people possibly write a 15 page paper together?  (Hint: THEY CAN'T)  Anyway, in my group, there is one guy.  We've all experienced someone like this douche bag in our lives.  He corrects the professor in class, is overly intense about the tiniest things (like the fact he got one point more than I did on the mid-term), and tends to type and talk IN ALL CAPS.  ALWAYS.  BECAUSE HE IS THAT SERIOUS.

Anyway, this guy, we will call him Capsy Asshat for simplicities sake.  So Capsy sent me his section of the paper to add to the others because I was compiling the various sections and trying to make it sound like one paper instead of four.  Well, when Capsy sent me his section, he sent it with a note saying that he "appreciated a second set of eyes on the paper, but he is confident it's good just as it is".  Ok, Capsy.  So I start reading it, and within the first page, found two instances where he repeated himself, using the exact same phrasing: "intimacy of personal life".  That's pretty specific to use two times within two paragraphs.  Anyway, I email Capsy with his section highlighted and with comments of the other seven instances where there was repetition.   I asked him to send me revisions since he clearly stated not to touch his shit.  What happened after that can only be described as a roller coaster into Crazytown.  Capsy proceeded to accuse me in a series of 8 separate emails of "posturing for political purposes", telling me that he wrote the whole paper and I was a self-admitted slacker who used my daughter as an excuse for laziness, and.....  (and this is the nuclear bomb) a racist.  (Capsy is Chinese).

Well, my friends, I have been called a lot of not so nice things in my lifetime.  A bitch?  Absolutely, on a regular basis.  Cold and unfeeling?  Of course.  Shallow?  Yes, I admit it.  But a racist?  I. DON'T THINK. SO.  I had started seeing red when Capsy accused me of being a slacker.  But after accusing me of racism?

You could say I got a little more heated after that.  Especially when I found out the next morning he said many of the same things to our professor, including me being a slack ass racist.  In fact, you could say that I turned into Lady Hulk Hogan, such was my rage.  Luckily my professor was on to Capsy and talked me off a ledge.  But not before we had a group meeting where Capsy attempted to apologize, saying he just gets "emotional" and felt the full force of my inner Queen Bitch.  I won't go into specific details of what I said, because I'm a lady (ha!) but also because it was a long-ass tirade.  Inside I was all like:

Outside, however, I was totally cool like the coolest girl ever, Stephanie Zinnone. From Grease 2, obviously.

No raised voices, no physical violence.  I was so in the Queen Bee Bitch zone that remembering exact details are a little fuzzy.  I know the other girl in my group made a squeaky sound at one point, and when it was over, there was Capsy, teary-eyed and lip quivering like a little bitch.  (not to be confused with Queen Bee Bitch).

And I went home, feeling like I wanted to high five the world.  I don't always bring out the bitch, but when I do, I prefer to cause tears.  Does that make me a bad person?  Probably.  Whatever.  I'm still riding the high from putting Capsy in his place and could go another round if needed.  Come at me!!    (just kidding, I love all my sparkly peeps and don't want to come at you.)

But, seriously, Capsy.  Cross me again?  Imma CUUUT you.  Rude.



Straight Thug,
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment