Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...
Friday, December 14, 2012
Ho, ho, ho Bitches!!
AT LAST. Finally I am feeling sufficiently sparkly enough to get in the holiday spirit. I'm not going to lie, for the past two weeks, starting with my run in with Mr. CAPSY, your girl has been feeling a little less twinkly than what is typical for a holiday sparkler. After hours upon hours of meetings, and work, and more meetings and more revisions requested by CAPSY, we finally birthed out the f-ing project and presentation last night. And damned if CAPSY didn't throw a few curveballs of his own into the presentation, going off on tangents and offering the class "one of a kind Korean stamp sets" at the end of the presentation. I'm not even fucking with you about that last thing. He seriously whipped out stamp sets from his backpack and started passing them out. The professor was like "Sit DOWN, Chairman Mao." It was such a show. In the end I just had to take the dumb boy by the balls (not literally, you dirty thinking sluts) and do most of it myself because I just needed to be done with it and was tired of dicking around over email. Yes, it was annoying and made for an un-sparkly two weeks (for real-I was very "Angela Chase after Jordan Catalano breaks her heart the second time"), but I feel pretty good about it and it was a little ego boost to know I could do so much by myself. And a good reminder of a very important truth:
It's funny because it's true. Bitches get it done, right? And I did and now it's done and I can finally feel sparkly about the impending holidays in a proper fashion. Like I woke up this morning and it was like my inner disco ball turned back on and was like "let's get this party started, guurrrl" to which I was all "WORD."
Obviously, I would never do a weird Riverdance on a rooftop, even IF John Travolta and ONJ asked me too (that's a lie, I TOTALLY WOULD). But I do feel like I have more pep in my step. (BTW-have you guys SEEN the amazing, not at all a joke, music video for Danny and Sandy Part 2, An Awkward, Huggy Christmas? If not, please watch it RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I'll wait. It is worth it and again, please remember that this is not a Saturday Night Live skit. THIS IS REAL.)
Seriously. How GOOD is that video? How can you not laugh your ass off watching that gem? You can't!
Anyway, clearly I won't be doing anything that remotely resembles THAT hot mess, but I do plan to spend the next two weeks sparkling and twinkling my ass off in anticipation of the holidays. Only my version will look more like this:
At least in my head it will. Because in my head, I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS fierce like Beyonce. Always.
Happy Friday, Sparklers! Go get some naughty in while there's still time!
No comments:
Post a Comment