Happy 2013, Sparklers! I hope you all had a fantastic, super sparkly holiday and that Santa brought you everything you asked for. My house looked like a Disney Princess (ALL OF THEM) came in and took over on Christmas morning because Mini has reached the age where she is coo-coo for anything Princess. Seriously, you could throw a picture of Belle or Ariel on an empty box of wine and she would be like "Hooray! Princess Mommy Juice!" I wish I was exaggerating, but I am so NOT. Homegirl is a Disney Princess slut. She even loves the low rent ones like Mulan, Aurora, and Tiana (who she actually calls "Princess and the Frog" because she can't remember her name). Anyway, I hope this phase lasts for a while because after that, it's just a short skip into Barbie town and I am just not ready to catch her making Barbie and Ken do sex things yet. (DON'T EVEN JUDGE. We all did that with our Barbies. I asked a lot of experts (Slizzard) and she agreed that every kid did this at some point and I am just not ready to get there yet.)
Anyway. Santa was VERY good to me this year, which proves he's not REALLY paying that much attention, because I'm not sure my good-bad ratio was all that awesome in 2012, but whatever. If Santa thinks I deserved a lot of great presents (including a MacBook!) who am I to try to change his mind. BTW-I love my MacBook, but seriously might need to break down and make an appointment with one of the Mac Genius Hipster Donks to help me figure out how to do all the things I think it can do. I seriously wish I could bribe one of my friends with a ton of wine and have them show me on my own time, but unfortunately, I don't have any friends who could do that!!! Maybe one of my 2013 resolutions should be to find a techie friend.
So my holiday break was a whirlwind of activity, most of which involved copious amounts of alcohol. I seriously considered trying some sort of detox or cleanse earlier in the week because I am fairly certain my body is about to go on strike. Some highlights include a hometown party with old friends, one of whom is writing a "50 Shades of Grey" musical parody for Broadway. I seem to remember telling her I would consult with her on the subject material, but maybe that was just the vodka talking. Then there was fiesta at Tini's house that started out civilized and ended (for me) at around 3 AM with some crazy, Girls Gone Wild, table dancing type nonsense that I blamed on the gallon of champagne in my belly.
There was a delightful night out with the Ginger Spices that also became a drunken love fest of happy (absinthe may have been involved for some).
And finally, a four night bender in the snowy tundra of Pittsburgh with my girl Slizzard. That trip was especially memorable for the boozy girls' night Slizzard and I had with two of my college besties, Skipper (because she is cute, tiny, and blond, like Skipper only with glasses) and Roomie (my old college roommate). I don't know exactly how many bottles of wine were consumed that night, but I do know that tears were involved (Skipper gets a little weepy when she's tipsy), I may have done the "Humpty Dance",
and we MAY have put Roomie's new baby in the middle of the (carpeted-so don't get too judgy) basement floor to enjoy smoky treats outside in the snow. It was a little like this but with a lot more tears, wine, and inappropriate dancing:
At the time, all of these things seemed like the best ideas, ever. The next morning, however, I wanted to punch myself in the face for getting so crunk. But like any self-respecting, functioning, semi-alcoholic, I pulled myself together in time for New Years.
All told, it was a fucking fantastic holiday break. I just need a break to recover from my break. Unfortunately, I got full on body slammed back into reality within the first hour of being at work on Wednesday and my detox program only lasted two days. But they were a STRONG two days. And yes, I plan on sipping sweet nectar this weekend. Maybe not to the excess that caused my liver to be all
But maybe just enough for me to feel like:
And seriously, who doesn't want THAT? I wish you all a happy, sparkly 2013, filled with belly laughs, and bubbles, and lots and lots of sparkles.
You can go ahead and judge me if you want.
Sloppy New Years Hugs and Kisses,
SD







No comments:
Post a Comment