Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Not Really Almost March, Right?

Hi Sparklers.  I know it's been more than a minute since I last wrote but the past month has kicked me in my ass and then some.  BUT.  But.  I am beginning to see a sparkly disco-ball type light at the end of the tunnel.  Between grad school kicking my ass and my hugest work event kicking my ass, I am one tired lady.  My event was last Saturday, followed by hours of breaking it down (and not in the good way) on Sunday.  Followed by a huge paper and  presentation in class on Monday night.  (one in which I had to DRESS LIKE A BOY.)  Needless to say, this is about how I feel today:



Some fun notes that I will (hopefully) elaborate on in future, much wittier posts...

1. After months of stressing and worrying, Mini was accepted into the fancy school I work for!!  If you know me at all or read this blog regularly (which I think is a small group of the same people) you KNOW my angst about Mini and her potential academic woes were stressing me the F out.  So when they told us she got in I was all:

And then, because I had stressed out for six months about it (and my friend Tini happened to be in town the night we found out), I was then all:


and a little bit:

(For the record, so was Tini)


2.  My Atlanta girls are coming for a visit this weekend.  Something I desperately need and am looking forward to like Christmas.  The only thing I know for certain is that Saturday will begin with brunch and many, many cocktails.  Some drunk shopping might be (DEFINITELY WILL BE) in the mix as well.  And since we'll be roaming around cobblestone streets near the water, as opposed to a safe and sterile shopping mall, I am a little afraid for our safety.  But plan to power through, because that's what we do.  I'm sure we'll look like this, except a lot less fierce and a lot more wobbly:


3.  Remember the crazy dude from my last class, CAPSY ASSHAT?  I was worried he would be in my current class.  But word on the street is that homie was told by the Dean to take a semester off to CHILL THE FUCK OUT after his shenanigans in the last class.  In truth, I'm sure it had everything to do with him also getting CAPSY with a tenured professor, and not the fact that he fucked with me, but still, hearing that happy news?  Please.


So that's all I have time or energy to report on today.  I am heading to pick up my Mini, pour a ginormous goblet of wine, and watch the same goddamn episode of Team Umizoomi for the 20th time this week. (it's the penguins in pasta one, in case you care) with my laptop nearby so I can continue to follow Oscar fashion & gossip. (BTW-WTF is up with Kristen Stewart, did anyone else weep like a rainbow unicorn when Barbra sang "Memories", and how much do we LOVE Jennifer Lawrence?!?!)  

Jealous, right?  
Living the Dream,
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment