Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Guest Blogget.... Smashy Darling

My dear friend, Smashy, just sent me a guest blogger post.  And since I am both tipsy and exhausted from a dinner playdate for mini-SD and have absolutely no desire to be entertaining...  Enjoy!

From my dear friend, Smashy:

Dear darlings,
The word "hate" was banned in my home as a child. Yes, a literal four-letter word, punished as strongly as popular culture's four-letter words. The soap in the mouth. The smack on the lips. The whole 9 yards and then some. The Janney felt very strongly that one should only use the word "hate" when one felt strongly. 

She pontificated that to casually throw "hate" around like so much Carpet Magic deodorizer was lazy and irresponsible. One should be able to articulate dislike or displeasure with more sophistication than the four-letter word could portray. Par example, one doesn't hate broccoli. One dislikes the flavor or one prefers carrots to broccoli or one is displeased by the unpleasant after-effects of digesting said green vegetable.  Broccoli certainly has done nothing so awful to justify one's hate. It hasn't started wars, denied refugees asylum or scammed innocent people out of their retirement savings.

In our house, "hate" carried the same weight as the F-word. Using the F-word as the "everything and the kitchen sink" adjective was unacceptable. Are you so unintelligent that you can think of no other word to describe how you are feeling? Are you so stunted in your lexiconical development that you can't think of ANY other word?

So, when I tell you that I Hate Legos, you know I ain't kiddin' around. I effing hate Legos.

No comments:

Post a Comment