Sparkle Darling

Random sparkly thoughts from a random sparkly girl...

Monday, November 21, 2011

Today I Am Thankful For: Pirate Booty Friendship

Last week, my mini-SD had a full on nuclear meltdown over Pirate Booty. Specifically her lack of Pirate Booty. Are you familiar with Pirate Booty? I certainly would have thought it some sort of fetish, costume porn type thing, prior to having children. As a mother, I now understand that it is a cheesy, puffed corn treat that is like kiddie crack, at least to my little sparkler. She literally was shrieking at top volume “I NEED Pirate Booty!!” (In actuality, it sounded more like “Ah nee Pa-at Booey!!”) Seriously-someone call Candy Finnegan at Intervention, because my kid needs HELP. Luckily, the crisis was averted when I distracted her with carrots and dippy. (Dippy=Ranch Dressing=Mini-SD Happiness)

Anyway, this Pirate Booty meltdown got me thinking about what I love, as passionately as Mini-SD loves her Pirate Booty… What would make ME turn into a cracked out banshee if I couldn’t have it? Obviously I love my Mister, family, and friends. My Mini-SD who makes my world spin ‘round and gives me a reason to strive to be my sparkly best. My small fluffer-mutters, T & T. My prized pair of Louboutins and fancy bags that the Mister spoils me with. These things are all, in my opinion, a given.

Over the weekend, the answer hit me. I LOVE my ladies nights. For me, a night with any of my favorite sparkle divas, drinking vino and laughing at nonsense is bliss. Try telling me I can’t have that anymore and I MIGHT have similar meltdown. It doesn’t matter if it’s me and one pal in our grubs, watching “The New Girl”** and drinking bubbles or a group of us in our sparkly best on the town, making mischief. The warm and fuzzies I feel after such adventures are something I truly treasure and feel thankful for.


Example:
Saturday night I ventured downtown to watch the latest “Twilight” disaster with four of my favorite ladies. We started with drinks and munchie things and then hit the movie. Please note: this movie theater has a BAR. Which makes any movie better, non? We were forced to sit up front, but still had the MOST fun. It was the kind of crowd that laughed at the bits that weren’t supposed to be funny, which made them even more hilarious. If you are unfamiliar with the Twilight movies, I will tell you, they are VERY bad. Hilariously bad, which makes them SO good and fun to watch. Especially with a group of friends and a few bottles of wine. I laughed harder in those few hours than I have in a very long time! One of my best sparkle darlings is coming for a visit on Friday and I know my abs will be angry on Saturday, but I don’t care. The kind of laughter that makes your abs hurt is worth a wee little headache the next day, am I right?

So that, friends, is my Pirate Booty. My pack of sparklers that make me laugh until it hurts and make me feel extra disco ball-ish from the amount of fun we have. In fact, I am so thankful for the ladies in my life that make me sparkle even more freakishly, that I may be compelled to gift all of my sparkle girls with shiny jackets that say “Pirate Booties” on the back. Like the Pink Ladies from "Grease", but even MORE badass. (I call dibs on Rizzo)

Word.







**Editor’s Note: If you aren’t watching “The New Girl” with Zooey Deschanel yet, please stop whatever you are doing and get on board this train. It is, by far, the FUNNIEST thing on television, and regardless that Ms. Deschanel wears a series of unfortunate shorts in it, you will adore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment