That being said, there are a few things that are just making me bubbly with delight recently, and I thought I would share with my fellow sparklers. Think of it like “Oprah’s Favorite Things” but with a lot less yelling and absolutely NO free shiz.
1-
Florence + The Machine’s New Album, Ceremonials. I love, love, love this album. I want to make out with this album. Every song makes me feel SOMETHING, and as someone with a serious music addiction, this is HUGE. I particularly like “Bedroom Hymns” and “Shake It Out”. A moody, sexy, ear cocktail-that’s this album. 2-Landmark Movie Theaters- If you have one of these in your town, you should never see a movie anyplace other than there. They have a bar. A BAR! As mentioned in a previous post, wine + movie theater= A GOOD TIME. Seriously, every time I go, I am reminded of how much this place rocks!! You should find one and check it out and try to tell me I’m not right. Go ahead! I double-dog dare you.
3-DKNY Luxe Opaque Tights-When the weather turns cold (which I loathe) and most people start wearing pants and big wooly sweaters (which I also loathe), I turn to my dear old friend, the sweater dress. I love me a sweater dress. Warm, comfortable, and yet still chic when the weather is anything but. However, if you work in a conservative environment, as I do, these tights keep a body hugging sweater dress on the right side of classy. I’ve been on the other side of that equation and while it’s all well and good for a Saturday night out with my sparklers, it’s never good to be there with your boss giving you a side-eye. Trust.
4-Two TOTALLY Different TV Shows:
-New Girl- I know, I know. I bet you are wishing I would shut the f up about this show already. But I promise, it is honestly one of the FUNNIEST shows on TV right now. Even the Mister watches it with me and agrees. Just give it one shot and I promise you will adore it as I do.
-
American Horror Story-How can someone who worships all things sparkly like something as dark and twisty as this show?? Good question, friends. One that will go unanswered. This show is so scary that I usually refuse to watch it until Saturday afternoon. And even then sometimes I watch through my fingers. But it is really smart and scares the bejesus out of me EVERY TIME. And Jessica Lange is so good at being evil, she makes me want to take a course from her. So that’s my list of current loves. What are you guys loving these days? Tell a sista!
I am equally obsessed with AHS. I watch it religiously every Wednesday night and then spend the next week itching for a new episode. I HATE horror crap, but this show is insane! Ahh...creepy and oh so awesome.
ReplyDelete